Alabama State Income Tax Rates
If your income range is between $0 and $500, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 2%.
If your income range is between $501 and $3,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 4%.
If your income range is $3,000 and over, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 5%.
Information about Alabama General Income Tax Forms
Form 40X - Amended Return & Instructions (For 2007 and prior)
Refund Information - Form IT: 489
Power of Attorney - Form 2848A
Tax Information Authorization - Form 8821A
Request for Copy of Tax Form or Individual Income Tax Account Information - Form 4506
2010 Individual Estimated Tax Form - 2010 Form 40ES
2010 Request for Bulk Alabama Income Tax Forms - Form 2300
You can check the status of your Alabama State Tax Refund 2010 online at the Alabama Dept of Revenue website. You will need to know
* Exact Tax ID Number (SSN)
* Filing Status
* Tax Form Used to Filed
* Amount of Refund Requested when filing Individual Income Tax. Please be advised that this application can only be used for inquires related to Individual Income Refunds.
Alabama sales tax rates:
* General Sales Tax Rate - 4%
* Rate on Automotive - 2%
* Rate on Manufacturing Machinery - 1.5%
* Rate on Farm Machinery - 1.5%
* Amusement tax rate - 4%
* Vending rate - 3%
The sales tax in Alabama is collected on a monthly basis.